We are pleased that you are interested in joining the Dufour Association.
We always like to welcome new members and hope that you find our Association interesting and worthwhile.
Don’t hesitate, JOIN NOW!!
- Exchange technical information and share experience with other owners
- Participate in rallies and other events
- Receive “Dufour News” magazine
- Use the For Sale and Wanted sections of the web site
- Access to library of Dufour documents and manuals
The Dufour Association provides a forum for the exchange of knowledge and information for the owners of all classes of yachts manufactured under the Dufour name.
- Association Membership year runs annually from the 1st January of each calendar year.
- The Association’s prime purpose is to exchange information about the maintenance, spares, modifications and improvements to Dufour boats and to share people’s knowledge and experience.
- The Association publishes a Newsletter “Dufour News” (three issues each year) containing articles from members concerning their boats, work carried out, their cruises and other activities.
- The Association organises rallies to enable members to meet and socialise and we welcome others to assist with organising events in their own local sailing areas. Details of events are given in the Newsletter and on the Association web site.
- The web site forum, “how-to” and manual archive contains details of all the types of Dufour yachts and we encourage members to contribute their own reviews, comments, additions and modifications either they have carried out, or have had carried out for them.
- It is this accumulated knowledge and the ability to discuss this with other members that makes membership of the Association so valuable.
- We are not just concerned with the technical aspects of owning boats, but to assist newcomers to sailing who buy a Dufour as their first boat, to share knowledge and experience of our boats, provide information for people who wish to sail in new areas, tales from the more adventurous and the lessons learned from those who have tales to share.
- The Association holds its AGM early in the New Year including a lunch. Here the Officers for the year are elected and the events calendar is set for the year.
Membership and Fees
The membership fee is £12.50 per year for all with the Membership year running from 1st January to 31st December.
Membership is subject to the Association’s Constitution.
If you choose not to renew, then please inform the Membership Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UK Membership Application
The membership fee for UK residents is £12.50 per year which is normally paid by standing order. Please note that there is no joining fee.
Overseas Membership Application
While the Association’s main focus is the UK, we welcome a growing number of owners from abroad (currently about 20% of members).
Overseas applications can be made online and with online payment here.